Canopy Camper Fitout

This has been a back of mind idea for a while, but recent events have accelerated it a bit.

I just acquired a canopy - it's an older one, but fibreglass, with a few windows and it fits adequately. I still have to check the waterproofing, but it looks good so far.


I want something that can be set for camping in a few minutes, and is a practical way to live out of the car. Unfortunately the tub isn't quite long enough for a comfortable night's sleep, and I want some of that space to be available for other things, like bikes or bouldering mats.

I chose to fit a platform on the left hand side, with storage space underneath, storing clothing and other things at the back, and the food box, stove and water at the front. A flap folds up from this to extend the sleeping platform, and I'll use an insect net over the back.

I've fitted flyscreens to the windows of the canopy, and rewired the lighting so I can cook and read in there. It's tight, there's only 40cm or so above the platform, and even the full height area under the canopy isn't usable at anything more than a crouch.

The side windows have had reflective aluminium batts added as curtains to reduce the heat inside, i'd like to replace these with something along the line of Reflectix . hopefully it'll be more durable, and possibly do a better job. I'd also like to be able to take it off entirely so I can see a bit better when reversing etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hypotheticals from a hypocrite

Butterfly Wall Direct

Trango Vergo, Review and Recalls