Future plans

I've been back from China for a week and a half now, and as I catch up with work, I find my mind drifting to the next trip.
I'm thinking somewhere within Australia, almost certainly East coast so that the car is an option. It's already somewhat fitted out, and the addition of a rooftop tent and some decent solar panels would make it a solid option for a month or so on the road. I'd also need to kit it out with better organised storage, and reconfigure it to be better used as a kitchen.

However it works, I'm keen to get to a bunch of places that I haven't got a chance to climb at yet.

- Tassie - probably summer, it's a lovely place, and I know a lot of people down there, mostly cavers, but I could probably get a few spots to crash for a night in a bed if need be, and the scenery and routes down there are amazing. I'd certainly love to get some time in the area of Cataract Gorge, Ben Lomond, Mt Wellington and the totem pole

- Arapiles - It's an old classic, but you can never spend too much time at Araps. There is so much there that I have yet to climb, and so many cool lines to do.

- Grampians - much the same as Araps, and certainly close enough to do in one trip. I've only climbed there once as a kid, and a bouldering trip there for a day last year. I'd certainly love to have  a closer look

- Frog Buttress  - I've only ever heard stories, but when it gets cold elsewhere, why not head up north, and I really need to work on my crack climbing. It's terrible.

- Blue Mountains - Can you ever spend enough time here? I know I haven't yet

- Buffalo - Big walls, more granite, sounds a lot like heaven

- Point Perp - camping on the peninsula, sea cliffs and great exposure. Why haven't I climbed at the Point more? It's only a few hours away.

- Wilsons Prominatory - I've walked the area, but the climbing always looked great, and could be tacked onto a Tassie trip quite easily

- Booroomba - sure it's local, but there are a lot of lines that I'm really keen to get on at Booroomba, some old, some new, some hard, some scary.

If I were going a little further afield, I think New Zealand would be the next on the list, it's not too far, or expensive, and once again, I've never actually had a chance to climb there.

Then of course we have the pipedream list:
- Spain
- Yosemite
- Czech Republic (Knots sound fascinating don't they?)
- Pretty much anywhere else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hypotheticals from a hypocrite

Butterfly Wall Direct

Lunar Eclipse 31st Jan 2018