Training, 1 cycle in

 I've been training seriously for the first time ever in preparation
for the trip to Yangshuo, I'm interested to see how far I can push, and
in what kind of time frame

It's hard to say how effective training has been so far, it's only been
6 weeks, and I don't really know where the baseline was to begin with.
I am feeling stronger that I ever have been before, but this is the
first time I've ever really trained seriously, and even now it has been
less consistent and regular than I'd like... One of the effects of
having one's life shaken up a bit.

I've just started the second power phase, and based on the indoor
'grades' I'm a few grades above where I was a month or so ago.Moves on
V8-10's, completing or nearly so on V6-8's But with limited problems,
and limited people grading the problems it's hard to put much stock in it.

Doing routes, my strength on individual moves has improved a bit, but
it's a style I haven't climbed much over the last year. I'm still
concerned about my endurance, one session a week for the next month is
going to have to be an endurance session to ensure I can manage longer
routes.

My shoulder work has struggled a bit, but they aren't feeling worse,
again, I'll be trying to increase this over the next month. It should
get easier with the hockey season ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hypotheticals from a hypocrite

Butterfly Wall Direct

Lunar Eclipse 31st Jan 2018